Building the future together
Geobyte Networks is an innovative technical company and technical service provider specializing in the fast-growing sectors of optical fibers, gas and telecommunications, thus making a substantial contribution to building the future.
Based in the city of Thessaloniki, it operates throughout Europe and constructs fiber optics networks defined by accuracy and reliability, covering both domestic (FTTH) and business (FTTB) needs.
Find out more about our services
Do not hesitate to contact us
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Optical Fibers?
- are made from plastic or glass
- have a diameter of less than 10μm
- transmit digital data (telephony, internet, etc.) in the form of light
A fiber optic cable contains tens or even hundreds of very thin strands that are smaller in diameter than a hair.
Optical fibers allow for the transmission of light signals at longer distances and higher speeds compared to other forms of signal transmission, such as copper.
What are the advantages of optical fibers?
- Low energy requirements since they use light beams, which require far lower energy consumption than electrical signals.
- They can transmit a huge volume of data at once, compared to copper cables.
- They are far thinner and lighter than copper cables and therefore require much less space for the creation of a fiber optic network.
- Data transmission is very fast.
- The data travelling through these optical fibers are less vulnerable to interference.
- Data are transmitted digitally, thus allowing for faster coding-decoding of data.
- There is almost zero data loss.
What is Natural Gas?
Natural Gas is:
- a natural product found in underground natural gas fields. It can either be found alone or together with oil deposits.
- colorless, invisible and odorless. Its distinctive smell is added artificially in order to be detected in the case of a leak.
- It belongs to the second family of gaseous fuels; it is lighter than air and has a relative density of 0.59.
- The combustion of natural gas, compared to that of other fuels like coal or petroleum, is less harmful to the environment. In other words, it produces smaller quantities of carbon dioxide per unit of generated energy.
What are the advantages of Natural Gas compared to conventional liquid fuels?
The chemical composition of natural gas (and similar substances), as well as the composition of its combustion gasses, are two factors presenting great interest in terms of operation, offering a high rate of efficiency and energy saving, especially in domestic applications:
- Due to the absence of impurities that are harmful to the parts of devices and installations (burners, combustion chambers, combustion gas evacuation devices, etc.), it is entirely feasible to maintain a steady rate of efficiency over particularly long periods.
- Since the products of natural gas combustion consist mainly of water (steam), it becomes possible to utilize the latent heat of combustion gasses (condensation process), resulting in the increase (over 20%) of useful heat received from a given quantity of fuel, which is a significant advantage for consumers since it allows them to run their installations with less fuel.